Welcome to St Brigid’s. I hope the information about our School on this site is helpful and if you have any further enquires – please feel free to contact us via the details below.
We at St Brigid’s Mordialloc are a Catholic Faith filled community. We recognise the importance of the safety, wellbeing and global development of the whole person. We accept the challenge to promote, encourage and develop positive attitudes to faith, life and learning.
St Brigid’s Mission Statement
To ensure all students learn and experience success, we strive to:
- Support our community in faith development.
- Develop awareness of Christ’s presence in the world and its people through compassion, service, wisdom, inclusiveness and love.
- Provide a consistently safe and positive learning environment.
- Foster a love of lifelong learning through a diverse and challenging range of experiences.
- Recognise and celebrate individual learning styles and abilities.
- Build resilience and a sense of wellbeing in all students.
- Empower students to participate in the world with confidence as globally responsible citizens.
- Be witnesses to the value and dignity of each person.
- Respect God’s creation and commit to take action and provide environmental education while embedding sustainable practises.
As members of the spirit filled community of St Mary of the Cross, Mordialloc and Aspendale Parish we value our Catholic faith, its heritage and traditions. We try to always model the Christian values of love, acceptance, forgiveness, reconciliation, compassion, tolerance and trust. We teach the beliefs, traditions and doctrine of the Catholic Church and integrate faith with daily life. We endeavour to nurture our relationships with Jesus through the celebration of our faith and our relationships with each other.
We strive to build a strong and welcoming community where pastoral care is nurtured through the fostering of quality relationships, supportive networks and effective partnerships with all those connected with the school. We undertake to promote consultative and shared leadership in order to set future directions for the school. A co-operative climate within the school is encouraged and maintained by establishing clear expectations focusing on positive attitudes, resilient behaviour and self confidence. We aim to engender a sense of pride in our school, appreciation of God’s creation and a responsibility to preserve our world.